2019 Cabernet Sauvignon
A classic cabernet showing a panoply of gorgeous dark flavors including black cherry, ripe plum, Cubano tobacco, graphite and sandalwood with underlying notes of tar and chocolate. Textbook cabernet in the mouth with beautiful tannin that is weighty without being ponderous, refined without being delicate. This is a contemplative cabernet that also satisfies with persistent notes of black and red fruit that echo through the long finish.
The 2019 vintage was a cooperative one, with Mother Nature providing near-perfect growing conditions and balanced vine growth. Winter and early spring provided enough rain to bolster the vines during the occasional spikes in heat over the summer and ripening was orderly and unhurried. Our cabernet blocks were harvested one-by-one over a one month period between October 16th and November 12th. After fermentation and barrel aging in French oak, 50% new, a small addition of merlot and petit verdot was made for the roundness and acidity of the final blend.
|Appellation:||65% Sonoma/ 35% Napa|
|Blend:||95% Cabernet Sauvignon
2.5% Petit Verdot
|Release Date:||November 2021|
Jeb Dunnuck : Napa Valley's 2020s and 2021s - Rating: 91
I loved the 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon, a classic, impeccably made Cabernet offering plenty of darker blue, plummy fruits, some classic Cabernet herbal and cedary nuances, medium body, soft tannins, and a great finish. Drink bottles any time over the coming 10-12 years.
Robert Parker Wine Advocate: May 2023 Week 1, The Wine Advocate - Rating: 91
Coming mostly from the Sonoma side of the property (65%, with the other 35% from Napa), the 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon features attractive shadings of sage and bay, classic cassis and cherry scents, with subtle cedar notes. It's medium to full-bodied and supple enough to drink already. Although the tannins are present, they're ripe and silky, adding a softly dusty flourish to the lingering finish.